New Delhi, January 20: South Korean auto giant Hyundai recently unveiled the highly anticipated Ioniq 5 EV in India at Auto Expo 2023, along with a showcase of the Ioniq 6 EV and many other cars. The automaker was also expected to unveil the new-generation Verna at the Indian mega car show, but that didn’t happen.
Nevertheless, Hyundai India is set to launch a new generation Verna premium sedan as well as a new small SUV to compete with the Tata Punch. Both of these new Hyundai car models are expected to hit the Indian car market later this year. Read on to know more. Maruti Suzuki Jimny receives over 5,000 reservations. See here for specs, features and expected release date.
New Generation Hyundai Verna Sedan:
- The new generation Hyundai Verna sedan has been tested many times on the roads of India.
- According to the latest report, the all-new Verna’s Indian launch has been sped up considering the launch of the next-generation Creta has been pushed back to 2024.
- The new-generation Hyundai Verna goes bigger and shares its global design cues with its big brother Elantra. Larger dimensions lead to a more spacious cabin.
- The upcoming all-new Verna flaunts its maker’s jewel grille, highly stylized full LED headlights, tapered roofline and stylish split taillights.
- The new-generation premium sedan offers an all-new interior and offers premium features such as dual displays and ADAS technology packages.
- The new generation Hyundai Verna will reportedly come with three engine options. These are the 1.5L petrol at 115bhp, his new 1.5L turbo petrol at 160bhp and the 1.5L turbo diesel engine at 115bhp. Auto Expo 2023: From Tata Curvv to Lexus LF-30. 7 epic concepts not to be missed at your event.
All-New Hyundai Ai3 Micro SUV:
- Hyundai Motor India is also preparing to launch an all-new small SUV codenamed Ai3.
- This new small or micro SUV rivals the likes of the Tata Punch and Nissan Magnite.
- Testing of this model in India has not yet begun and it is expected to go on sale towards the end of this year.
- The new Hyundai Ai3 SUV is based on the company’s K1 platform, which also underpins the global Casper.
- Styling-wise, it’s strikingly different from Casper, but more like Venue.
- Future micro SUVs are expected to be around 3.7-3.8 meters in length.
This new small SUV may also share some features of the Grand i10 Nios hatchback and the Venue subcompact SUV. The feature list might include an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, automatic AC, and even a single-pane sunroof for the top trim.
- The Ai3 will likely be fitted with a 1.2L 4-cylinder normal petrol engine developing 81bhp and 114Nm, with a CNG version also expected.
The new-generation Verna is expected to go on sale by mid-2023, while the Ai3 is expected by the end of the year. The launch of both of these models in India will undoubtedly boost Hyundai’s sales and help it beat the fierce competition.
(The above article first appeared on LatestLY on January 20, 2023 at 5:22 PM (IST). For news and updates on politics, the world, sports, entertainment and lifestyle, please visit our website Please log on to the site. latest.com).
https://www.latestly.com/auto/hyundai-to-launch-new-generation-verna-sedan-and-new-ai3-micro-suv-in-india-this-year-find-specifications-and-feature-details-here-4737821.html Hyundai will launch its new generation Verna sedan and new Ai3 micro SUV in India this year.Click here for specs and features