A few days ago, I took the cat out of the bag with the 2022 Yamaha MT-10. This MT-10 enjoyed various technical updates. Now, I would like to talk about the 2022 Yamaha MT-10 SP. This is Yamaha’s flagship naked upright sport bike, as the tuning fork people say, and replaces the standard MT-10, the king of the dark side of Japan.I’m not going to go the same way twice Click here to read about all MT10 updates— All of these apply to MT-10SP. Instead, it’s time to enter a new territory and see why the MT-10SP becomes an SP.
- Öhlins semi-active suspension is a feature of the 2022 Yamaha MT-10. However, this is not just the Öhlins semi-active suspension. Since the MT-10 SP is the first motorcycle equipped with the latest generation of this technology, the new SP is Yamaha YZF-R1M Superbike..
- Öhlins has added spool valve damping technology to the mix. This not only allows for a wider range of damping adjustments, but also makes each adjustment more accurate. This is especially useful on the streets where there are a variety of unexpected challenges to suspension. Spool valves are considered superior to shims because they are cavitation resistant, less sensitive to oil temperature, and respond more consistently.
- Yamaha offers three suspension modes with the semi-active feature enabled and three manual modes with the semi-active feature turned off.
- Semi-active mode gets both alphanumeric names, along with a descriptive monica. A-1 (Sports) is for trucks and bombings through the canyon. A-2 (intermediate) is for street fighting and general riding in urban areas. The A-3 (Tour) makes things comfortable when you casually ride on the interstate highway or run around for miles.
- The three manual modes (M-1, M-2, and M-3) are fully customizable. Instead of retrieving tools for changing damping, all changes are made via the 4.2-inch TFT display and handlebar switchgear.
- The steel braided brake line is exclusively for the 2022 Yamaha MT-10SP.
- Yamaha gives the MT-10SP its own styling touch. The swingarm has been polished and a color-matched chinfair has been added. In addition, the Liquid Metal / Raven Color Combo is exclusive to this motorcycle.
- The SP runs $ 2,900 more than the standard MT-10. Before the 2022 Yamaha MT-10 arrives at the dealership, we have time to lift the sofa cushions. Look for sofa cushions at a suggested retail price of $ 16,899 in May 2022, at about the same price as new. 2022 Ducati Streetfighter V2..
Photographed by Matthijs van Roon
2022 Yamaha MT-10 SP Spec
- Type: Inline-4, with crossplane crankshaft
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0 x 50.9mm
- Compression ratio: 12.0: 1
- Valve train: DOHC, 16 valves
- Transmission: 6-speed with quick shifter
- Clutch: Wet Multi Plate Assist and Slipper Clutch
- Final drive: chain
- Frame: Twin spar aluminum
- Front suspension; Travel: Fully adjustable semi-active Öhlins inverted 43mm fork. 4.7 inches
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Orleans Piggyback with Linkage Assist-Reservoir Shock. 4.7 inches
- Tires: Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22
- Front tires: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 190/55 x 17
- Front brakes: 320mm disc with radial mounted Brembo 4-piston calipers and Brembo radial master cylinders
- Rear brake: 220mm disc
- ABS: Cornering compatible
Dimensions and capacity
- Wheelbase: 55.3 inches
- Rake: 24.0 degrees
- Trail: 4.0 inches
- Seat height: 32.9 inches
- Fuel capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Estimated fuel consumption: 36 mpg
- Curb weight: 472 lbs
- Color: Liquid Metal / Crow
2022 Yamaha MT-10SP Price: $ 18,899 Suggested retail price
2022 Yamaha MT-10SP Photo Gallery
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/11/25/2022-yamaha-mt-10-sp-first-look-8-fast-facts-18-photos/ 2022 Yamaha MT-10SP First Look [8 Fast Facts + 18 Photos]